It may seem like a simple question, but many don’t know or understand all of their target markets. If this is overlooked or the correct data is not collected it could be detrimental to your business.
You must first learn who is your ideal target market and then learn what makes them tick, what gets them excited and what gets them involved. Once you have this information it’s time to get creative. Look at trends, determine the most effective media channels and design a campaign which will get them talking. Most importantly make sure that your marketing and media platform work cohesively and achieve the overall goals and objectives of your campaign.
5 simple questions to understanding your clientele
- Who are your Brand Advocates? These people are buying your product or using your service frequently and they are invested in your brand. They are your brand champions!
- Who are your random customers? Why aren’t they returning? Can we inspire them to become Brand Advocates?
- Who are your potentials? They may not know your Brand or understand your services. If your product has evolved, or your service has changed, so will your demographic. This is an untapped market.
- What are you saying? How you communicate to your customers is vital. Each demographic will respond differently to your Brand personality… the language you use, visual design and themes.
- Who are you talking to? With various marketing vehicles at your finger tips, you need to know who is exposed to what. This includes social media platforms, digital media, print media, TV, radio, video, podcasts, direct mail, email and sms marketing… the list goes on and on and on.
Think outside the box, there is no limit to your creativity.